Fort Vancouver Regional Library District |
Public Bulletin Boards, Displays and Exhibit Areas
Library bulletin boards, display and exhibit areas are intended primarily for promotion of Fort Vancouver Regional Library District (FVRL) services and activities. However, consistent with FVRL’s role as a community information source, these areas may be used by community organizations and individuals on a space-available basis.
Approval of items for posting, display, or exhibit does not constitute or imply FVRL endorsement of the organization submitting the item(s) or its content.
Library bulletin boards will be used to display information about FVRL and FVRL-sponsored programs. Bulletin boards will also be made available to the public on a space-available basis.
Items will be approved for posting under the following conditions:
1. The space will be available to organizations and individuals engaged in educational, cultural, intellectual and charitable activities. When space allows, other types of information related to the community served by the library may be displayed.
2. To ensure equitable access for the entire community, FVRL may establish criteria regarding the size, duration of display, frequency, and appropriateness of the material.
3. Political information may be placed in a separate literature distribution area designated by the library, not on a library bulletin board.
Displays and Exhibits
FVRL encourages displays and exhibits of art work, photography, or other articles subject to the following conditions:
1. FVRL assumes no legal or financial responsibility for loss or damage to items loaned for display and exhibit unless other arrangements have been made.
2. Exhibited art that is for sale may have the price and artist’s contact information displayed. No exchange of money can be conducted in the library.
3. Items may be refused for display if, in the judgment of FVRL, they would detract from the appearance of the facility, are poorly executed, or may violate any applicable provisions of law.
4. The physical characteristics of the display or exhibit will not interfere with normal library operations.
The Library Executive Director is responsible for establishing administrative procedures necessary to carry out this policy.
Policy approved Dec. 12, 2011