Explore science and find fun activities about bridges, the weather, measuring, and more. A great resource for simple science fair ideas and topic exporation.
Please note is available in select libraries; is available in all libraries; is also available outside the library with your card; and is freely available online.
Search for Accelerated Reader books for yourself or your student in AR Book Finder. Look through lists of award nominees and winners or popular topics.
Explore age-appropriate information about the U.S. Government. Learn basic information about the way the government works, how it began, and how citizens can participate.
Use Image Quest for more than two million images which may be used in assignments, activities, projects and other non-commercial educational uses.
Find articles, pictures, and videos about animals, arts, language, places, plants, science & math, social studies, sports, and religions. Even tour the USA or compare countries!
Use Culture Grams to research information on the peoples and cultures of over 185 countries, the provinces and territories of Canada, and all 50 states in the U.S.
Discover the everyday details about past eras that make historical accounts relevant and meaningful.
Check out up to 12 films, TV episodes, music albums, or eComics from Hoopla monthly.
- Hoopla is available only to FVRL cardholders who are also district residents or paying non-residents.
- View movies and TV shows* for three (3) days following checkout.
- Stream music albums for up to seven (7) days following checkout.
- Download and view eComics for 21 days following checkout.
Get started today!
- Create an account with the email and password of your choice.
- Download the appropriate app for your device if necessary. (For FAQs and help getting started, see Hoopla Support.)
- Borrow and enjoy!
*You may need the Widevine plugin to view videos in your browser. If you are using Firefox, you may wish to use Google Chrome instead, as it doesn't require the plugin.
Watch tutorials online and practice a wide variety of life skills and academic subjects, from computer programming to printmaking or 3rd grade math to entrepreneurship.
Find the right book for your reading level. Don't know your Lexile measure? Get help finding it.
Have fun with languages! Children can start learning a second language before they can read a first one. Create an account in Little Pim and get started!
Learn Minecraft basics and more.
Click an item to see how to craft it in the game of Minecraft.
How to use mouse and keyboard controls in the game of Minecraft.
A publicly accessible and editable wiki for information related to Minecraft (the game).
Browse articles, explore topics, and find images. All the National Geographic resources are at your command, without the big stacks of yellow magazines.
Discover new titles, series, and authors for kids and teens to enjoy. Find Author Read-alikes, Book Discussion Guides, BookTalks, and Feature Articles.
Use your library card to borrow eBooks in Spanish, Russian and Chinese. Read in your browser on PC, Mac®, tablets or mobile devices.
- Borrow up to seven (7) titles at a time for 21 days, with one renewal allowed per title.
- Odilo is available only to FVRL cardholders who are also district residents or paying non-residents.
Get started today!
- Browse or search for a title you'd like to read. (More about searching.)
- Choose "Borrow" to check out the book. (More about borrowing and streaming.)
- Log in with your library card number and PIN.
- Choose "Display in Browser." We recommend reading in your browser. The app is not yet fully functioning.
Browse OverDrive's Kids' catalog for EPUB, PDF and Kindle format eBooks as well as MP3 eAudio. Check out up to seven (7) titles at a time for 21 days. Here's how:
- Go to OverDrive Kids and choose "Sign In."
- Sign in with your card number and PIN--unless you're over 13, then sign in with OverDrive and create an account.
- Download and install the appropriate app for your device.
- Find instructions for getting started with your device on OverDrive Help.