Explore science and find fun activities about bridges, the weather, measuring, and more. A great resource for simple science fair ideas and topic exporation.
Search for Accelerated Reader books for yourself or your student in AR Book Finder. Look through lists of award nominees and winners or popular topics.
Explore age-appropriate information about the U.S. Government. Learn basic information about the way the government works, how it began, and how citizens can participate.
Access Image Quest for more than two million images which have been rights-cleared for non-commercial education use such as in teacher lesson plans, assignments, activities, and whiteboards; student reports and projects; or school web sites, newsletters, newspapers, flyers, and bulletins.
Find articles, pictures, and videos about animals, arts, language, places, plants, science & math, social studies, sports, and religions. Even tour the USA or compare countries! Start with Research Tools and Materials if you're doing a school project or report.
Use Culture Grams to research information on the peoples and cultures of over 185 countries, the provinces and territories of Canada, and all 50 states in the U.S.
Discover the everyday details about past eras, such as housing, clothing, jobs, foods, travel, and games that make historical accounts relevant and meaningful.
Access audio/video clips, pictures, maps, books, news, and more on homework topics common to middle and high school students.
Check out up to 12 films, TV episodes, music albums, or eComics from Hoopla monthly.
- Hoopla is available only to FVRL cardholders who are also district residents or paying non-residents.
- View movies and TV shows* for three (3) days following checkout.
- Stream music albums for up to seven (7) days following checkout.
- Download and view eComics for 21 days following checkout.
Get started today!
- Create an account with the email and password of your choice.
- Download the appropriate app for your device if necessary. (For FAQs and help getting started, see Hoopla Support.)
- Borrow and enjoy!
*You may need the Widevine plugin to view videos in your browser. If you are using Firefox, you may wish to use Google Chrome instead, as it doesn't require the plugin.
Watch tutorials online and practice a wide variety of life skills and academic subjects, from computer programming to printmaking or 3rd grade math to entrepreneurship.
Learn some new skills or prepare for exams of all kinds in one of the many learning centers:
- Adult Learning Center - Improve your basic skills in math, reading, writing, speaking, and grammar, or prepare to become a U.S. citizen.
- Career Center - Learn about careers, prepare for entrance and occupational exams, like the civil service or ASVAB, or even the TOEIC if you're an English language learner.
- Computer and Internet Basics - Get to know your computer, how to use it, keep it safe, and other fundamentals
- Popular Software Tutorials - Expand your skills and claim some self-study time with common computer software from Adobe and Microsoft.
- School Center - Find extra lessons and practice exams for elementary, middle and high school students on topics ranging from reading comprehension to trigonometry.
- High School Equivalency Center - Build your basic skills and prepare for the GED test.
- College Prep Center - Study up before you take standardized tests for college such as PSAT/NMSQT, AP Exams, SAT and ACT.
- College Center - Strengthen your academic skills in science, grammar and writing, reading, or math; and prepare for placement tests and graduate entrance exams.
Find the right book for your reading level. Don't know your Lexile measure? Get help finding it.
Your child can start learning a second language before he or she can read a first one with Little Pim's Entertainment Immersion Method®. Create an account in Little Pim from Mango and help your child get started.
Learn Minecraft basics and more.
Click an item to see how to craft it in the game of Minecraft.
In order to play Minecraft on the FVRL server, you'll need to purchase and register to play the Minecraft game here.
How to use mouse and keyboard controls in the game of Minecraft.
A publicly accessible and editable wiki for information related to Minecraft (the game).
All the National Geographic resources at your command, without the big stacks of yellow magazines. Browse articles, explore topics, find images, and explore!