Fort Vancouver Regional Library District (FVRL) is seeking qualified applicants for a full-time (40 hours per week) Branch Operations Manager opening at our Vancouver Community Library.
The Branch Operations Manager will oversee the Circulation Department, resolve branch safety and maintenance issues and provide leadership for the branch. Under the direction of the Branch Manager, the Operations manager is responsible for guiding three Senior Branch Supervisors in the management of the Circulation Department. This includes circulation, patron accounts and collection maintenance services. The Operations Manager is also responsible for the safety, security and maintenance of the 83,000 sq ft library. They will partner with FVRL’s Facilities Department, oversee janitorial vendors and supervise a team of four Security Guards. Finally, as a member of branch leadership, they will be expected to participate in district initiatives and the daily duties of branch staff. This includes assisting with patron requests or problems, performing circulation duties, taking part in library programs, writing branch schedules, attending regular district or committee meetings, training other supervisors in the district and providing operations expertise as needed.
To be considered, applicants must have 3-5 years of relevant experience and 2-5 years of supervisory experience. The ideal candidate would have previous experience:
- providing guidance, direction, and support to staff in interpreting and enforcing organizational rules of conduct and maintaining a safe and welcoming environment;
- identifying and anticipating safety problems and fostering effective relationships with local law enforcement or social service agencies that assist with resolving patron behavior problems;
- resolving patron/customer concerns that have been escalated from staff members;
- exercising sound judgment and acting decisively in interpreting established organizational policies and procedures when dealing with patrons and staff; and
- directing vendors/contractors as well as collaborating with internal departments to maintain the facility in proper working order.
Please see the position description below for the position schedule and a more detailed list of job duties and requirements. Please note that this position will assist in providing coverage for the branch’s scheduling needs and will be expected to flex their schedule, including working some evening and weekends.
The compensation for this position begins at $45,157 annually with an excellent benefits package including health insurance benefits, life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment, short term and long term disability benefits, Washington State PERS retirement and paid time off.
Tentative Recruiting Timeline:
Application deadline: Monday, May 8, 2017 at 5:00 pm
Video (virtual) interviews: May 18 & 23, 2017
Final interviews: June 7, 2017