Pick up books and other library materials during regular hours at your local library. No appointments needed.
How to do curbside pickup
Step 1: Place a hold, request a printout, or request a Library Sampler.
- Place your hold on library materials as usual. Use the library catalog or library app, or Contact Us to get help from staff.
- Here's how to request a printout.
- Want us to pick books for you? Request a Library Sampler.
Step 2: Wait to be notified your materials are ready.
- You will get an email, phone call, text, or letter when your items are ready.
- For app users, you'll see a Pick up NOW! button appear on your holds list when your holds are ready for pick-up.
Step 3: Pick up your items.
- Check the service hours of the library you'll visit, or tap the "Pick up NOW" button in the app to get started.
- Come to the library and look for the Curbside Pickup or Curbside Walk Up signs. (Please note: Vancouver Mall Library has Walk Up only. The pickup location for items is inside the mall just outside the library.)
- Call the number listed on the sign (please have your name and library card number ready) or tap "I'm here" in the app. Let us know any questions or special circumstances you have at this time. If you're in a vehicle, please remain inside it for everyone's safety and health while staff are helping you.
- If you chose to just drop by, your items will be packed as soon as possible.
- If you used the app, your items will be already bagged and checked out to you. Staff will place them in your trunk or use another no-contact method arranged ahead of time.