Are you a creative teen with a passion for writing and a desire to win a fantastic prize? Start getting your entries ready for this year’s Imagined Ink Teen Writing Contest, running until November 16, 2020.
Entries will be read by a panel of judges with prizes awarded to an overall Best in Show winner and overall winners in each age group (6-8th grade and 9-12th grade).
- October 12 and November 9th: Join us for one of our virtual Teen Write-Ins to polish your entry before submission! Register online for one of the sessions on Oct 12 and Nov 9 at 4pm.
- November 16: Last day to submit entries using the online form
- December 16: Winners are notified, and winning entries are posted here
Who can participate?
The Writing Contest is open to youth in grades 6-12 who live within, attend school, or are home schooled in the Fort Vancouver Regional Library District and the Woodland School District.
Rules on entries
- Must be 1,000 words or less
- Comic entries must be submitted using our comic template. Limit of 6 pages per comic.
- Must be original work by contestant
- May be any genre, topic or format
- Must be in English or Spanish
- Only one entry per person
FVRL staff may edit entries for spelling and punctuation. Worldwide copyright on each entry remains with the author. Your entry in this contest grants permission to publish your story on FVRLibraries webpage.
- Best in Show - $250 Visa Gift Card
- Age Group Winners - $100 Visa Gift Card
Our thanks to all who entered the 2019 Imagined Ink Fall Writing Contest, and congratulations to the winners! Be sure to read the Best in Show Winner below:
2019 Best in Show
eclipse by Brenna Koester