Are you a tween or teen in grades 6-12 in the FVRL district? Send us your entries for the Imagined Ink Fall Writing Contest!
Entries are read by a panel of judges, and prizes are awarded to winners in two age groups: middle school (grades 6-8) and high school (grades 9-12).
Winners will be announced at the Awards Celebration & Author Visit featuring award-winning author Malinda Lo in Vancouver on Saturday, October 21. Malinda will also present a Teen Writing Workshop earlier that day--be sure to sign up!
- September 1: First day to submit stories using the online form
- September 1: First day to sign up for the Teen Writing Workshop
- October 1: Last day to submit stories
- October 21: Teen Writing Workshop with Malinda Lo at 10:30 am (sign-up required)
- October 21: Awards Ceremony & Author Visit in Vancouver at 2 pm
- October 23: Award-winning stories appear here, on the website
Who can participate?
The Writing Contest is open to youth in grades 6-12 who live within, attend school, or are home schooled in the Fort Vancouver Regional Library District and the Woodland School District.
Rules on entries
- Must be 1,000 words or less
- Must be original work by contestant
- May be any genre, topic or format
- Must be in English
- Only one entry per person
- Must be submitted via the online form.
FVRL staff may edit entries for spelling and punctuation.
Congratulations to our 2016 winners!
High School Division
- Best Poem:
- Let Me Introduce Myself by Annie Rose
- First Place:
- Time Hiccup by Aaron Blanshan
- Second Place:
- Do Not Go Gently Into That Good Night by Mari Evans
- Third Place:
- The Witch of Snakes by Taylor Huston-Allen
- Honorable Mention:
- Ace Allred, Kaitlin Boyle, Skylar Catania, Brie Crooks, Marissa Darling, Jessica Eavenson, Hailey Grotte, Janessa Long, Mercedes Mehr, Megan Michael, Paige Peerenboom, Brandan Sharp, and Rebecca Strizver