ресурсы и средства обучения
These resources are provided by FVRL and are available to all in any FVRL library. They are also available outside the library with your FVRL card. (See restrictions as noted.)
Search most online FVRL resources at once for full-text journal, magazine, or newspaper articles. No more trying one database after another in search of the article you need!
Find articles and information on a wide range of topics, ranging from current events to history, arts and literature to science and math. Find supporting documents for school assignments, including curriculum guides.
Chart the growth and development of cities and towns in Washington with fire insurance maps (including Sanborn maps), plat books, real estate atlases, and other historical maps. Use the information to supplement your historical or genealogical research.
Discover your family's military past. Find service records, casualties, and memorials from wars since the American Revolution. Search sources also include U.S.
Search full-text reference eBooks on a variety of topics or read entire travel guidebooks without leaving your computer. (Formerly called Gale Virtual Reference Library)
Use ILLiad, FVRL's interlibrary loan system, to request material not available through the library catalog or FVRL's magazines and newspapers. Library staff may borrow the item you request from another library system or purchase the item to add to the FVRL collection.
Use powerful tools and find guidance to achieve your career goals. Units include: find a career match; explore occupations; search for jobs and internships; tools to get hired; career library; and school and scholarship finder.
Want to know if the library subscribes to the electronic version of a magazine, journal or newspaper you're seeking? Search for a particular title, or browse by topic to find eResource content by publication title!
You'll find links to the content as well as a list of available issues by date.
Learn the skills you need through instructional video courses in education, technology, business, and creative fields. To get started, log in with your library card number and PIN.
Enjoy complimentary access to nytimes.com, and view articles from 1980 to today. Here's how.
From inside the library or on library Wi-Fi:
- Click on nytimes.com.
- Click "Log In" and then "Create one" to create an account with your personal email address, or log in if you have already created an account. (Note: if you don't want to receive email marketing communications from the New York Times, uncheck that box when you sign up, or follow the unsubscribe instructions if you start getting marketing emails.)
- You may now view as many articles as you want during your time on the library computer or library Wi-Fi, except in the Cooking section.
- Log out when you're done.
- Click this remote access link.
- Click "Redeem" to get 72 hours of continuous access, except in the Cooking section.
- Create an account with your personal email address, or click on "log in here" if you have already created an account.
- After 72 hours, you will need to go back to step 1 and click the remote access link again for another 72 hours of remote access.
Using the New York Times Digital App
- Select the correct icon below to download the free New York Times app, or visit your device's app store.
- Open your device's browser to navigate to this page, tap this remote access link, and tap "Redeem" to get 72 hours of continuous access, except in the Cooking section.
- Create an account, or log in if you've already created one.
- Then, leave the browser and launch the app.
- Sign in with your email address. The code already will have been applied, and you have access for 72 hours.
- Once your 72 hours is over, you can repeat step 2 to get another 72 hours of access.
Find citations and abstracts to worldwide literature on post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and other psychological effects of trauma. Produced by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs National Center for PTSD.
Энциклопедия для детей. Найти статьи на популярные и школьные темы, словарь определений, изображения и карты.