In order to carry out its mission, vision and values, FVRL has identified three strategic priorities for 2018-2020:
Support Student Success
Desired outcome: Students have the tools they need at school, home, and in the community to overcome barriers and achieve success.
- Support Washington's goal of every child entering kindergarten ready to learn.
- Connect students and teachers with high quality online research tools.
Build Connected Communities
Desired outcome: People discover their communities by connecting with each other and with area organizations in vibrant, welcoming spaces.
- Develop and maintain great partnerships with area organizations.
- Increase opportunities for people to discover area resources, learn about their community, and participate in civic engagement activities.
Foster a Culture of Innovation
Desired outcome: Staff feel confident sharing their ideas for service improvements as a welcomed, valued and necessary component of organizational success.
- Staff adopt outcome-based evaluation as an approach to solving problems and developing new service.
- FVRL establishes benchmarks for core service goals, and uses staff insight to find great ways to meet those goals.