Fort Vancouver Regional Libraries (FVRL) is seeking qualified applicants for the position of substitute (on-call) Public Services Assistant for our White Salmon Valley Community Library. This is a great opportunity for individuals who have a passion for working with the public and want to make a positive impact in their community. Substitutes help to provide the branch with coverage when regular staff members are unable to work. This gives substitutes the flexibility to select from available shifts which are most convenient for their lives. The frequency of shifts will vary. We anticipate substitutes may work as often as one or two shifts per week. As long as shifts are available, we ask substitutes to work no less than two shifts per month.
The primary responsibility of a Public Services Assistant is assisting with patrons and books in the library branches. A typical day could include:
- Assisting patrons on the phone and in person with questions regarding library services and technology
- Creating or updating patron accounts
- Shelving materials
- Checking materials in and out
The ideal candidate will be flexible and have strong customer service skills and great attention to detail. This position requires these physical abilities frequently:
- Lifting up to 35 pounds
- Pushing and pulling book carts and book return bins on wheels
- Bending, kneeling, and reaching to shelve books
- Standing for extended periods of time
To be considered, applicants must have:
- A high school diploma or GED
- Six months or more of customer service experience
Please view the position description for a more detailed list of job duties and requirements.
The compensation for this position begins at $14.41 per hour. This position is not eligible for benefits. Schedule and hours vary depending on branch needs; we cannot guarantee a set number of hours per week.
First review of applications: September 3, 2019
Skills assessments: September 9, 2019
Interviews: September 20 & 24, 2019