This policy is supplemental to the Rules of Conduct and applies to all visitors to all facilities and properties of Fort Vancouver Regional Library District (FVRL) to be in force during the COVID-19 pandemic under the Governor’s Proclamation 20-05 and its subsequent amendments. Parents or caregivers are responsible for the behavior of minor children in their charge. FVRL is adopting these Additional Rules of Conduct related to the COVID-19 Pandemic to protect the health and safety of our visitors and staff.
The directives, mandates, orders and guidance for responding to COVID-19 will evolve as we move through this public health emergency. FVRL has expanded its list of expected behavior to comply with directives, mandates, orders or other guidance from federal, state or local public health authorities. FVRL’s Rules of Conduct will be updated regularly to reflect current public health guidance.
FVRL will clearly post behavior expectations, specific to the pandemic, at the entrance of every location as well as on our website. Visitors unable to comply with posted COVID-19 safety requirements may access services through remote or outdoor options.
Face coverings are required in public spaces
All library visitors over the age of 5 must wear a mask covering their nose and mouth at all times. Masks are recommended for children ages 2 to 4 with parental supervision. This rule applies to all FVRL locations and includes people who have received the COVID-19 vaccination.
- Adult and child-sized masks are available for those who forget to bring them
- Food and drink are not allowed in our facilities to support masks being worn properly
- If you are unable to wear a mask for any reason, the following accommodations are available to allow you to continue to access Library services:
- Curbside pickup of holds
- Online or virtual resources and services
Library services may be limited
- Meeting rooms may not be available for public use
- Visitors may be required to limit their time in the library to allow others access
- Visitors may need to maintain appropriate distance from other users and staff
- Some areas of the facility, seating and equipment may be unavailable
- Some library services may be available only online, by phone or email
These Additional Rules of Conduct will remain in effect until the Board, based on the guidance of federal, state, and local public health officials, revises or rescinds them.
The Executive Director is responsible for the administration of this policy, for establishing administrative procedures for its implementation and for making the policy available for the public at each branch and via the Library’s web site.
The Board of Trustees hereby declares its intention that the provisions of this policy are declared to be separate and severable. The invalidity of any clause, sentence, paragraph, subdivision, section, chapter, title or other portion of this policy, or the invalidity of the application thereof to any person or circumstance shall not affect the validity of the remainder of the policy, or the validity of its application to other persons or circumstances.
The Board of Trustees hereby declares its intention that the provisions of this policy shall be construed and applied as a continuation of the provisions of the policy, as amended, insofar as applicable, and the repeal of any part of this policy shall not be construed as affecting such continuous application.
Rules of Conduct
Board Approved: Original Policy 8/16/2021