As of July 19, 2021, Books by Mail has returned to the pre-COVID guidelines listed on this page. Pre-approval is required to use this service.
You may qualify for mailing of library items at no charge if your mailing address is within library district boundaries and:
- You have mobility issues that make it difficult for you to travel to a library to pick up books, and there is no one else who can pick up books for you, OR
- Your driving distance from the nearest library is more than 10 miles.
How to apply
For information or to request approval, please send an email to booksbymail[at]fvrl.org, or call 360-906-5000, 1-888-546-2707 (from area code 509), or 1-800-921-6211 (from Yale Valley).
Once you're approved
- Place a hold in the catalog.
- Select "Books by Mail" as your pick-up location.
- We'll mail the materials* to you at no charge. Return postage is included.
*Unfortunately, we are unable to ship these items: Grow a Reader bags, Check Out Washington backpacks, Chromebook kits, and book discussion kits.