Having car problems? Find repair info by make and model.
Washougal Community Library
1661 C Street
Washougal, WA 98671
+ Branch features
Friends of the Library Bookstore: shop The Book Nook just inside the front door for gently used books at bargain prices during regular library hours.
+ Statistics & history
2020 service statistics
Visits to library: 11,445
Programs offered: 75
Program attendance: 1,013
Reference questions: 1,014
Ownership: City of Washougal
Square Footage: 2,400
1981: Washougal voted to annex to FVRL District; current Library building, built by the city, opened.
1960: Library moved to 20th & “B” with 800 sq. ft. of space.
1946: Washougal contracted with Clark County Library.
1944: Library moved to City Hall at 16th & “B.”
1941: WPA bookmobile from Clark County Library stopped at the Washougal Library.
1930: Mrs. Mabel Moody willed her house on “E” Street to be used as a library and clubhouse. Later the library was given to the city.
1924: Washougal Women's Club organized. Soon after they established a reading room and a circulating library in the back of the Carpenter General Store on Main Street.