Welcome back inside!
We're slowly opening back up for limited in-branch services such as browsing and computer use.
How to visit
- You can schedule a visit. Because library space and visit times are limited, this will guarantee your time slot.
- Walk-in visitors are welcome. Entrance is first-come, first served, as allowed by capacity. Check your branch for hours.
- Visits are limited to 30 minutes or less, starting at the top of each hour, allowing time for library staff to clear the library for cleaning each hour.
- You are limited to one visit per day.
What you can do
- Browse the collection.
- Use our computers and print.
- Pick up your available holds.
- Get assistance from staff with your account, technology, or other questions.
- Photocopy and scan documents.
- Pick up available print requests or Library Samplers.
Please keep in mind
- Masks and social distancing are required throughout your entire visit. (Masks provided on request.)
- Food and drink are not allowed.
- The Early Learning Center play area at Vancouver Community Library is closed.
- Please contact the FVRL Foundation to learn how to donate books.
- Feeling sick? We encourage anyone with a fever, cough, or shortness of breath to please stay home and use our online resources or contact us.
Curbside or walkup services
- Pick up your available holds. (Use the Pick Up NOW feature in the FVRL catalog app for streamlined service.)
- Pick up available print requests or a Library Samplers.
- Use our book returns.
- Use free, unlimited Wi-Fi outside our buildings. (Note - The Wi-Fi signal outside Vancouver Community Library is not very strong.)
- Check out a Chromebook for two hours at all libraries except for Vancouver Community Library, Yacolt Library Express, and Yale Valley Community Library. Chromebooks may be used in the library parking lot or around the library exterior. Save your work to your personal USB drive or online storage.
Remote library services
We come to you! If you can't easily get to a library due to distance or mobility, please check out our virtual and physical services that can also be used from a distance.
Online, digital, and phone services
- Get a library card
- Use the online registration form to get instant access to our online resources listed here. If you'd like to upgrade to a full access card, please contact us after registering online.
- Contact us
- Call us or use one of our contact forms to get assistance from staff with your account, technology, or other questions.
- Make a request
- Request a print job and have it mailed to you.
Request personalized reading suggestions.
- Watch or participate in a virtual program
- We have virtual programs for kids, teens, and adults. Join a book discussion group, play games, see a storytime!
- Download or stream books or media, or use our other online resources
- With internet access and a device, you can borrow and enjoy eBooks & eAudio, music, video, or magazines without ever leaving your home.
Scan through a topical list of librarian-picked sources of information, entertainment, employment, and educational support materials on our website.
Get a closer look on our Library Resources Available from Home page.
In-person or mail services
- Bookmobile stops
- Check the schedule to see if we visit your neighborhood. We can bring holds as well as a small browsing collection for your perusal.
- Books by mail
- Use our online catalog, or call us, to place holds on titles you wish to see and have them mailed to your home. You are responsible for returning them to the library.
- Curbside service
- If you're able to travel, but getting in and out of a vehicle is a challenge, curbside holds pickup may be for you. This includes pickup of Library Samplers.