Our signature art exhibit for artists from Washougal to The Dalles is back for its 41st year!
To continue this community event in uncertain times, we're moving to an online exhibit format this year. We are excited to explore new ways to share our local artists' work whether we are open to the public or not.
Stay safe and creative, and we look forward to seeing your work!
Call for artists: Particulars for participants
FREE ENTRY! Open to all artists in the Gorge, Oregon and Washington residents from The Dalles to Washougal; artist must be 18 years or older. This event is open-themed. Paintings, drawings, sculpture, wood pieces, fabric art and other media will be considered. Entries must be RECENT (completed within the last two years) and original works. Copies, patterns, commercial art or class work is not accepted. Each artist may submit a maximum of two entries.
Artwork must be suitably prepared for display (i.e. framed and wired, ready for hanging; under glass or plexiglass as appropriate, etc.)
Artwork will be received up to and including Wednesday, September 9 at Stevenson Community Library. Please call ahead to 360-906-4828 on the day you plan to deliver your work. Staff will meet you at the Gallery entrance on Columbia Street.
All artists will be notified by email, and art not chosen for exhibit is to be picked up by Wednesday, September 30.
The show will close at the end of Saturday, October 31. Artwork may be picked up the following week during library open hours or at another time by arrangement.
- This is a people's choice exhibition, and the votes of the community are final.
- While every precaution will be taken to see that no damage occurs to entries, the sponsoring organizations will assume no responsibility for loss or damage.
- Participating artists are on our mailing list, which is subject to public records requests. Please notify us if you want to be removed from this list.
- All work accepted is to remain on display for the duration of the exhibit. Art may be marked for sale; no part of the sale goes to the library.
People's Choice Awards:
1st Prize $200; 2nd Prize $150; 3rd Prize $100
- The community may vote online October 1-16. Winners will be announced on Monday, October 19.
- Prizes are underwritten by Friends of Stevenson and North Bonneville Community Libraries.
David Wyatt or Marshall Shapiro
Stevenson Community Library
PO Box 818
120 NW Vancouver Ave
Stevenson WA 98648