Stevenson Community Library is proud to host Artists of the Gorge, an annual, juried exhibition—now in its 40th year!
Call for Artists
Free entry! Open to all artists of the Columbia Gorge, from The Dalles to Washougal, either Oregon or Washington residents; artists must be at least 18 years old. This event is open-themed. Paintings, drawings, sculpture, wood pieces, fabric art and other media will be considered. Entries must be recent, original works. Copies, patterns, commercial art or class work is not accepted. Each artist may submit a maximum of two entries.
Artwork must be suitably prepared for display (i.e. framed and wired, ready for hanging; under glass or plexiglass as appropriate, etc.) and accompanied by the Artwork Display Agreement.
Artwork will be received up to and including Wednesday, September 11, 2019 at Stevenson Community Library by 8 pm, or by mail (PO Box 818, Stevenson, WA 98648).
All artists will be notified by email if their work is accepted or not, and any art not chosen for exhibit is to be picked up by Friday, September 27, 2019.
The show will close at 5 pm on Saturday, November 2, 2019. Artwork may be picked up the following week during library open hours or at another time by arrangement.
This is a juried exhibition. Decision of the jurors is final. While every precaution will be taken to see that no damage occurs to entries, the sponsoring organizations will assume no responsibility for loss or damage.
Participating artists are on our mailing list, which is subject to public records requests. Please notify us if you want to be removed from this list.
All work accepted is to remain on display for the duration of the exhibit. Art may be marked for sale; no part of the sale goes to library.
Jurors' Choice Awards: 1st Prize $200; 2nd Prize $150; 3rd Prize $100
People's Choice Award: $50
Ray Bidegain (Photography)
- 2019 exhibit Memory of Never, Camerawork Gallery, Portland OR
- Workshop instruction, Oregon College of Art and Craft, Portland OR
KC Madsen (Painting 2D/3D)
- 2018 exhibit Use Your Voice: Art as Activism, Vancouver School of Arts and Academics, Vancouver WA
- 2011 Artist Trust/EDGE Award Winner, Seattle WA
Sam Marroquin (Acrylics)
- Art instructor, Clark College, Vancouver WA
- Artist in Residence May 2019, TreeSong Nature Awareness and Retreat Center, Washougal WA
- Exhibition: October 5—November 2, 2019 during library open hours
- Opening Reception and Silent Auction: Saturday, October 5, 6:30–9 pm
- Juror Demonstrations: Saturdays from 10 am–2 pm, October 12, 19, and 26
- Art show sponsored by Stevenson Community Library.
- Opening reception, prizes, and judges' honoraria underwritten by the Friends of Stevenson and North Bonneville Community Libraries.
For more information:
Call David Wyatt or Marshall Shapiro at Stevenson Community Library, 509-427-5471.
120 NW Vancouver Ave
PO Box 818
Stevenson, WA 98648
Mon 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tue-Wed 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
Thu-Sat 9:00 am - 5:00 pm