Show us your creative side and enter the 2020 FVRLibraries Bookmark Contest! Your local library will be accepting entries from February 1-29.
Who can enter?
Children and teens in grades K-12 who live or attend school or are homeschooled in Clark, Skamania or Klickitat County, Yale Valley Library District, or the Woodland School District may enter.
How does the contest work?
- Create your bookmark on the official form (available at the library or as a downloadable PDF in English or español).
- Return your completed form to your local library or bookmobile between February 1 and 29.
- Each library will pick finalists in five grade categories: K-1, 2-3, 4-5, 6-8, and 9-12. Local finalists will receive their bookmark framed.
- The finalists from each library will be entered into a district-wide contest, and the district winners will be announced on March 18.
- The five district winners will receive an art supply kit and four art lessons courtesy of Medallion Art School.
- The winning bookmarks become property of the library district and will be displayed on the library's website and printed for library use.
What will the bookmarks be judged on?
- We're looking for design, originality, and reproducibility for printing.
- There's no theme this year, so your design is limited only by your imagination.
- The art must be your own original work, with no adult contributions.
- For more guidelines, see the official entry form.
Visit our Flickr collection to see all the 2018 contest finalists from each branch.