To strengthen our communities through knowledge, experiences, and creativity.
Everyone recognizes and values libraries as an essential element of a free society.
- Community Success: We are an engaged and valued partner.
- District-wide Collaboration: We thrive when we all support our common goals.
- Exceptional Service: We deliver positive and successful experiences.
- Innovation: We believe in imagination and possibilities.
- Intellectual Freedom: We ensure confidential and open access to all points of view.
(Adopted by Fort Vancouver Regional Library District Board of Trustees on January 23, 2017.)
Strategic Priorities 2018-2020
- Support student success: Students have the tools they need at school, home, and in the community to overcome barriers and achieve success.
- Build connected communities: People discover their communities by connecting with each other and with area organizations in vibrant, welcoming spaces.
- A process for staff innovation: Staff feel confident sharing their ideas for service improvements as a welcomed, valued and necessary component of organizational success.