NOTE: If you don't have a library card and would like to get one while we are closed because of the coronavirus, please apply for our eCard. If you have questions about your current library card or account, please contact us.
What can I do with a library card?
Your FVRL library card is your passport to learning and enjoyment 24/7! Although there are many things you can do at the library without a card, here are some of the things you can do with a card (depending on your card type):
- Check out books, DVDs, CDs, magazines, and more from any FVRLibraries location or bookmobile
- Download, stream, or access eBooks, eAudio, movies, TV shows, music, magazines, and newspapers
- Research in our online subscription resources from anywhere
- Request books through interlibrary loan (ILLiad)
- Visit local cultural attractions through our Experience Pass program
- Surf the internet on our library computers
Which card is right for me?
Library cards are free to district residents of all ages. These are our main card types:
If you want complete access to all library resources (physical and digital), apply at the library for an Everything Card.
We also offer these cards:
- Educator Card: For teachers who live or work in the FVRL district
- Limited Card: For district residents without proof of address or without a parental signature (for minors)
- Reciprocal Card: For residents of areas with which we have a reciprocal agreement
- Non-Resident Card (fee-based): For anyone who doesn't qualify for one of our free cards
- Does your child have FVRL digital access through their school? Find out more about our Connect Card.
For more details on card types and your responsibilities as a borrower, read the FVRL Board of Trustees' Library Privileges Policy.
How do I get a card?
- Bring current photo ID and proof of address to any staffed FVRL library during business hours OR apply online for the FVRL eCard. (If you don't have ID and proof of address, you may be eligible for our Limited Card.)
- Fill out the application and provide your signature.
- Provide a parent/guardian signature for anyone under the age of 18. (Parental signature isn't required for a Limited Card or an eCard).
- Bring proof of educator status if you're applying for an Educator Card.
Library card application and other forms
If you want to save time, print and fill out these PDF forms before you visit the library.
Library card applications:
- Library card application (English)
- Solicitud de tarjeta (español)
- Заявка На Абонементную Карточку (русский)
- Educator Card application (English)