Are you a creative tween or teen with a passion for writing and a desire to win a fantastic prize? Start getting your entries ready for this year’s Imagined Ink Teen Writing Contest, running until November 15, 2021.
Entries will be read by a panel of judges with prizes awarded to an overall Best in Show winner, winners in each age group (6–8th grade and 9–12th grade), and several runners up. A collection of the top works will also be published in the 2021 Imagined Ink Collection eBook to be available to all library patrons through FVRLibraries’ OverDrive service.
- November 8th: Register online for a Virtual Teen Write-In to polish your entry before submission!
- November 15: Last day to submit entries using the online entry form
- December 17: Winners are notified, and winning entries are posted here.
Who can participate?
The Writing Contest is open to youth in grades 6–12 who live within, attend school in, or are homeschooled in the Fort Vancouver Regional Library District and the Woodland School District.
Rules on entries
- Must be 1,000 words or less
- Comic entries must be submitted using the comic template (PDF). Limit of 6 pages per comic.
- Must be original work by contestant and cannot include fan fiction or recognizable characters or settings from other media
- May be any genre, topic ,or format
- Must be in English or Spanish
- Only one entry per person
FVRL staff may edit entries for spelling and punctuation. Worldwide copyright on each entry remains with the author. Your entry in this contest grants permission to publish your story on FVRLibraries' website and in a collected volume to be distributed as an eBook through FVRLibraries’ OverDrive service.
- Best in Show: $200 Visa Gift Card
- Age Group Winners: $100 Powell’s Gift Card
- Runners Up: $25 Powell’s Gift Card
Our thanks to all who entered the 2020 Imagined Ink Fall Writing Contest, and congratulations to last year’s winners! Be sure to read the 2020 Best in Show winner, "Desks" by Elizabeth K. (Cascade Park Community Library).