Get free passes to local museums and attractions with your library card.
Learning & exam preparation
- Find resources including practice tests and tutorials for school success; college, career, and citizenship preparation; and software and computer tutorials.…
You'll be able to:
- Improve your skills in elementary, middle, and high school subjects, or study for your high school equivalency credential.
- Prepare for the ACT, SAT, and AP tests and more, and search for scholarships.
- Explore careers and prepare for entrance and occupational exams and military tests.
- Find a college, review your college skills, or prepare for for college placement exams and grad school admission exams.
- Learn computer and internet basics, and master popular software such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator, and Windows operating systems.
Some features require free registration in order to save your work, revisit your tests, or store scores. You'll need a valid email address and PIN to register.
- Encuentre recursos para hispanohablantes sobre lectura y escritura en inglés, matemáticas y cómo prepararse para el examen de GED.…
Find resources for Spanish speakers about reading and writing in English, math and preparing for the GED test.
Find academic articles, reports, news, book reports, and more in the field of education. Gain insight on issues in administration, funding, and policy.
Updated 10/2/18. Learn anything from Microsoft Office, computer science, data science; even IT infrastructure.
This resource is intended for Washington State residents only. To access this resource you will need to:
▪ Provide your zip code and certify you're a resident when asked.
▪ Have access to a computer or cloud storage with sufficient space to save the OneNote or Excel files containing the learning resources.
Prepare yourself for realistic conversations in over 70 world languages, including English. Create a free account and learn at your own pace.
Have fun with languages! Children can start learning a second language before they can read a first one. Create a free account in Little Pim and get started!
Read, play, watch, and do! Activities for pre-readers and beginning readers.
Available in library only.
Especially for young children: learn pre-reading and reading skills through games, music, and puzzles. Create your own account, so you can log back in each time you visit the library.
Choose a language, watch the training video, take the test, pay your fee, and print out a food handler's card, so you can work in the food or restaurant industry in Washington. (Available in multiple languages.)
Access online tutorials for computer basics, office software, job hunting skills, money management, social media, online security and more.
Find your specific area of interest under one of these headings: Technology Basics, Living in the Online World, Microsoft Office, Essential Skills, and Work & Career. Follow these links for practice using a mouse or to learn about email. Most tutorials also available in Spanish.
Watch tutorials online and practice a wide variety of life skills and academic subjects, from computer programming to printmaking or 3rd grade math to entrepreneurship.
Take courses from instructors at more than 60 universities--many of which are free or low cost. Topics include economics, genetics, foundations of teaching, chemistry, programming, arts and more. Classes available in multiple languages.
Enroll in MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) offered by recognized universities and institutions from around the globe. Take a class in genetics or focus on a classic novel for several weeks. The choices are plentiful.
Acceda a tutoriales en línea para obtener información básica de computación, software de oficina, habilidades para buscar trabajo, administración del dinero, medios sociales, seguridad en línea, inglés, matemáticas y más.