Get free passes to local museums and attractions with your library card.
La Center Community Library
Mon–Sat: 10 am–5 pm
Limited in-branch service
Visits are limited to 30 minutes or less, starting at the top of each hour, allowing time for library staff to close and clean each hour.
Mon–Sat: 10 am, 11 am, 12 pm, 2 pm, 3 pm, 4 pm, 5 pm
Additional evening hour on Thursdays: 6 pm
Schedule a visit
1411 NE Lockwood Creek Road
La Center WA 98629
+ Branch features
Virginia's Bookstore: Shop for gently used books at bargain prices during regular library hours in our Friends of the Library bookstore.
Public computers: Six computers are available for public use.
+ Statistics & History
2020 Service Statistics
Visits to library: 6,441
Programs offered: 81
Program attendance: 639
Reference questions: 611
Ownership: Robert Colf
Square Footage: 3,380
January, 2019: The library gets a "refresh" with new carpet and paint.
May 8, 2004: The library opened to the public.
August 2001: The hospital building was moved 1/2 mile to its current location on NE Lockwood Creek Road. The building was then transformed into a library thanks to the generous contributions from the Colf Family Foundation, Friends of the Library fundraising, multiple grants and donations, and the library district.
May 2001: Friends of La Center Community Library formed.
Early 2001: Margaret Colf Hepola saw new life for a historic circa 1905 hospital building as a public library and saved it from being destroyed in a firefighter burn exercise.