Get free passes to local museums and attractions with your library card.
Vancouver Community Library
901 C Street
Vancouver, WA 98660
Weekdays 8 am–6 pm:
Two hours of free parking is available in the lot run by City of Vancouver Parking Services to the east of the library or in the spaces on Reserve St.
Weekends and evenings after 6 pm:
All parking is free and there are no time restrictions.
+ Branch features
- Friends of the Library Bookstore: Opening July 17
- Shop for gently used books at bargain prices in The Booknook, located in the southwest corner of the atrium. Open: Monday-Saturday 11:00 am to 5:00 pm, Sunday 1:30 to 4:30 pm.
- Teen Central: Currently closed. Please ask staff to retrieve materials from the collection.
- A room especially for ages 12-18 on the first floor
- Early Learning Center: Currently closed
- A space dedicated to interactive exploration and learning for young children and their caregivers on the third floor
- Video phone
- A video relay services station on the fourth floor
- Vancouver Room:
- A quiet reading room with great views and a fireplace on the fifth floor
- Outdoor Terrace:
- An outside space featuring spectacular views of Mt Hood, the Columbia River, and beyond on the fifth floor
- Gray Space
- An art space showcasing paintings, photographs, and multi-media pieces by local artists on floors 1, 4, and 5
+ Statistics & history
2020 service statistics
Visits to library: 107,431
Programs offered: 157
Program attendance: 4,405
Reference questions: 4,017
2011: Grand opening of new library at 901 C Street on July 17. Watch the video! (The building on Mill Plain Blvd. now houses the library district's Operations Center).
2006: Bond measure passes and includes funding for a new Vancouver library.
1963: Library on Mill Plain Blvd. opens; Carnegie library on Main Street closes.
1960: Bond measure passes to replace the library on Main Street with a larger library on Mill Plain Blvd.
1950: Vancouver Public Library and Clark County Library merge on July 1.
1909: Carnegie Building at 16th & Main built.
1891: Vancouver Public Library established.
1877: Vancouver Library Association, a subscription library, formed.